Recommended ages: 2+
A Child’s rainbow globe;
But a dream
Of beautiful fragility
A sense of wonder.
Generations come and go
But this thrill will never die.
- From Blowing Bubbles by Paul Holmes
Try this simple recipe for homemade bubble mix:
- 3 Cups of water
- 1 Cup liquid dishwashing detergent
- ½ Cup corn syrup
Now all you need is a bubble wand! Here are a few things you can use to make your own:
- Cookie cutters
- Slotted spoon
- Plastic funnel
- Drinking straws (cut a straw into 3 pieces; use a rubber band to bunch them together for triple the bubbles)
- Pipe cleaners (create different shapes with two pipe cleaners twisted together)
- Wire coat hanger (twist a wire coat hanger into any shape for a large bubble wand)
Stay safe (and at home) and take care.