For the first time in 20+ years, there is no waiting list for child care subsidy at Child Care Resources Inc. (CCRI)!
That’s right, NO WAITING LIST — not just for young children, but also for school-age children through age 12!
Here’s what families need to do to find out whether they are eligible:
> Call 704-348-2181 to speak with a CCRI Child Care Search specialist to receive child care information, referrals, and more information about child care subsidy, and to be pre-screened for eligibility.
To schedule an appointment, parents will need to have current documentation of employment and/or school enrollment and income (as identified below).
> To be determined eligible for child care subsidy, the child’s parent/responsible adult must:
- Be a resident of Mecklenburg County
- Be employed an average of 30+ hours per week AND have current check stubs to document employment and income; OR
- Be in school 20 hours per week AND have a school schedule that documents this; OR
- Be working and in school a combination of at least 30 hours per week AND have current check stubs to document employment, income, and school schedule; AND
- For families with children ages birth to 5, family income cannot exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- For families with school-age children through age 12, family income cannot exceed 133% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Click here for income eligibility guidelines.