There is currently no waiting list for child care subsidy at Child Care Resources Inc. (CCRI) for children birth to preschool (age 5)!
Here’s what families need to do to find out whether they are eligible:
> Call 704-348-2181 to speak with a CCRI Child Care Search specialist to receive child care information, referrals, and more information about child care subsidy, and to be pre-screened for eligibility.
To schedule an appointment, parents will need to have current documentation of employment and/or school enrollment and income (as identified below).
> To be determined eligible for child care subsidy, the child’s parent/responsible adult must:
- Be a resident of Mecklenburg County
- Be employed an average of 30+ hours per week AND have current check stubs to document employment and income; OR
- Be in school 20 hours per week AND have a school schedule that documents this; OR
- Be working and in school a combination of at least 30 hours per week AND have current check stubs to document employment, income, and school schedule; AND
- For families with children ages birth to 5, family income cannot exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Please note that there is currently a waiting list for school-age children (ages 6 to 12).