Recommended age: 2+ with supervision
Over the weekend, try making this adorable sweet bear toast, made healthier by CCRI’s Early Head Start Health and Nutritionist Specialist, Justin Turner. Children as young as 2 can help assemble the bear.
Click the image below for a fun video on how to make sweet bear toast!
What you need for one piece of sweet bear toast:
- 1 slice of bread
- Banana slices
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Toast the bread.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. (For less sweet toast, use the cinnamon sugar mixture on two pieces of toast.)
- Once the bread is toasted to your child’s liking, spread the butter on the toast while the bread is still hot.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the toast.
- Slice the banana into circles; you’ll need three per toast. Let your child place the bananas on the toast - one for the bear’s nose and one for each ear.
- Have your child place the raisins – one for each eye and one for the nose.
- Enjoy this delicious, sweet bear toast treat!
Pro Tip: Encourage your child to think how he/she might make other animals out of toast with a few additional ingredients.
Stay safe (and at home) and take care.