Recommended ages: 2+
CCRI’s Early Head Start Health and Nutrition Specialist Justin Turner suggests making this three-ingredient healthy nut butter dip. It’s great as an afternoon snack for adults and children alike!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 Cup nut butter, e.g., peanut, almond, sunflower
- 1 Tablespoon honey
Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Children ages 2 and up can help whisk the ingredients together. Children ages 3 and up can help measure the ingredients.
Share with your family! This dip pairs nicely with anything that compliments peanut butter, such as:
- Fruit: apples, bananas, strawberries
- Veggies: celery, cucumbers
- Salty snacks: saltines, Goldfish crackers, pretzels
Store leftovers (if you have any) in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Stay safe – and take care.