As Week of the Young Child comes to a close, CCRI’s Early Head Start Education Manager Joanna Smith shares these ideas to reconnect with your children during the stay-at-home order – and after, when life returns to a new normal.
- GIGGLE as you learn a new dance that is popular among your child’s peers.
- Encourage your children to STIR the ingredients while cooking meals.
- Take a DEEP BREATH before responding to toddler tantrums and sibling squabbles.
- REFLECT with your child on his/her favorite part of the day to make it even more special.
- Remember Hopscotch? How about 1-2-3 Red Light? PLAY favorite childhood games with your family.
- Take a moment to give your children a HUGE HUG — even (and especially) when they roll their eyes.
- CALL a friend if you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed.